It’s been a strange old time in not just the world of comms, but the entire business environment.
At Scriba, some clients have paused their activity, while others have never been busier. Some have gone into crisis mode, whereas others are headstrong on being their industry’s leading light. Some are still focusing on the strategic long game, while others have thrown the rulebook – and their comms plans – out the window!
It’s been a whirlwind. However, at the start of the Corona-coaster, I told the team that how we behave during this period, will be how we’re remembered at the end of it all.
And digging deep, working hard and being there for each other, means we’re coming out of the other side with a robust roster of clients, a healthy pipeline of new opportunities and our eye on the next Scriba colleague.
- Has COVID-19 given you the chance to reflect on what you’re looking for in your job?
- Do you understand the power of words but feel like you’re being held back?
- Do you wish you could have done more for clients during this horrid time?
- Has your employer vibe left you thinking “GET ME OUTTA HERE?”
- Do you deserve a benefits package that combines work, play and paid leave to volunteer?!
If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, keep scrolling and give our job spec a read…
Not sure if you’ve enough experience? Let us be the judge of that!
Fast-growing public relations and copywriting firm Scriba PR is on the hunt for new talent. If you’re fiercely organised, great with words and care about being happy in your work, this could be the role for you.
Established in 2013, Scriba is a small yet renowned B2B PR company specialising particularly in communications support for niche, unusual and/or technical organisations. Customers operate in sectors ranging from construction to recycling; and tech to manufacturing, to name just a few. The young agency has achieved award recognition for its success, with client demand stretching throughout the UK and overseas. The team is made up of loyal, tenacious and fun-loving PR professionals who recognise the opportunities this company can offer for their long-term career progression.
The role would suit a talented, determined team player who is hungry to develop and keen to make a difference to clients’ businesses. Ongoing professional development opportunities and CIPR membership will be provided.
Salary dependent on experience.
Experience & skills:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a client-facing B2B PR/marketing role
- Natural flair for engaging B2B copywriting (including blogs, press releases, features, award entries, guides etc)
- Understanding of social media for business, ideally including channel management, content creation, curation and reporting
- Ability to take/provide comprehensive briefs and undertake thorough research
- Familiarity with website CMS such as WordPress, as well as Google Analytics
- Understanding of campaign planning, management and execution
- Experience of liaising with the media.
The successful candidate will be:
- A self-motivator with an abundance of initiative
- A great communicator (face to face, over the phone and via email)
- Passionate about the written word with an unswerving attention to detail
- Patient, positive and hard-working
- Committed to learning
- Results driven as well as task driven
- Efficient, organised and time conscious
- Loyal and honest
- Willing to support colleagues and get stuck in
- Excellent English is essential, as is an understanding of varied writing styles.
- Competitive salary and regular pay reviews
- Flexible working as standard, way before COVID-19
- 1 day of paid leave to volunteer for charity, per month
- Tailored personal development plan combining on-the-job and external training, where required, plus CIPR membership
- Defined role progression with the potential to become a cemented/senior team member in a young progressive agency
- Staff socials and ‘outside the box’ rewards/treats
- Opportunity to enter industry award schemes/competitions
- Opportunity to mentor others
- Vibrant office in a converted textiles mill, with private breakout/creative space available, plus free parking, discounted gym membership, on-site spa, deli and hair/beauty salons
To apply: Email your CV & cover letter to email@example.com
Cheers to finding our next ‘word nerd’!