Thought leadership focus drives sales for Scriba’s longest-standing client
Having spearheaded UNTHA UK’s PR and marketing activity since 2009, we shifted the communications strategy from a product-led approach to one with a more ambassadorial and advice-led stance in 2013.
Authoritative editorial in trade media, continued web content, maximum interaction at industry events and ongoing social media activity meant brand awareness was high. But in a competitive market, UNTHA UK needed to further stand out from the crowd. Showcasing the unparalleled level of knowledge within the team, would prove crucial to this.
Now, UNTHA is not just considered seen as a technology supplier, but a true thought leader, helping to shape the direction of the industry. Since 2013, Scriba has:
- Successfully positioned UNTHA UK’s chairman and managing director as industry ambassadors, who regularly contribute authoritative editorial to relevant trade and business media. A particular highlight has been a spot on the BBC Breakfast Show!
- Developed UNTHA UK’s profile in wider, client-specific sector media that competitors are yet to penetrate, such as facilities management, manufacturing and health & safety.
- Delivered social media workshops to develop each salesperson’s Twitter and LinkedIn presence.
- Secured speaking/panellist opportunities at leading industry events including Sustainability Live (alongside prestigious organisations such as the Environment Agency), and the Energy from Waste Conference, which welcomes senior attendees from 20 countries.
- Helped UNTHA achieve more enquiries, year-on-year, at their lead trade event RWM. Having raised their profile so significantly, UNTHA UK will save more than £60,000 on industry events in 2016, in favour of launching the company’s own dedicated events programme, which will include authoritative seminars, product demonstrations, case study site visits, panellist debates and online webinars.
- Overhauled the website by introducing ‘hubs’ of content-rich information. Now, on every product-specific page, visitors can digest relevant videos, case studies and brochures, connect with consultants via LinkedIn, or make targeted enquiries.
- Achieved a 63% uplift in website traffic. Now 54% more traffic comes from online referrals and there’s been an 81% increase in direct visitors to the site.
- Scripted and project-managed video productions, e.g. https://youtu.be/qwxzUlndDs8 that will continue on an ongoing basis.
- Reached more than a million people from one £3,000 campaign alone.
- Saved UNTHA £63,212 on overall marketing costs in a two year period, whilst increasing waste machine sales by 340%.
- Caught the attention of UNTHA’s parent company, given the growth of the UK brand.
Scriba PR is entirely responsible for marketing UNTHA UK. The team’s knowledge/experience has proved invaluable to our company’s success. We’ve gone from being one of many machinery providers in a competitive marketplace, to the final two considered for more than 90% of the UK’s high profile waste to energy projects.
The team has the ability to understand what’s required, very quickly, even in complex situations, and then deliver the results. We are now repeatedly asked “Who does your PR?” This is a company with grit and determination.