125 year old digital printing business turned to Scriba for its first ever PR campaign
When the team at graphic display specialists Leach decided they wanted to launch a PR campaign for the first time in their 125 year history, they knew exactly where to turn. Leach’s marketing manager Michael Trevethan, who had worked with Katie for five years in her previous employment, knew that the Scriba team could easily handle their complex and technical briefs with precision and passion.
Speaking about the partnership, Michael said:
Katie and I had kept in touch since we had last worked together, and I knew she had set up her own successful public relations consultancy, specialising in technical areas. As soon as the opportunity for PR arose at Leach, I didn’t even scout the market – it was a quick and easy win for both parties.
It certainly was an exciting project for Scriba, as the Leach story is a fascinating one. With a history spanning two world wars, a moon landing, the sinking of the Titanic and the Great Depression, plus significant industry firsts in the field of graphic production, Scriba has revelled in helping the brand to shout-out about their successes for the first time ever.
Essentially, this was why the company realised there was a need for PR support of some description.
The challenge we faced was that we did great work, but aside from the odd mention in the local press, we didn’t tell people about the business. It was an obvious decision that a PR strategy was needed to help raise the company profile.
Scriba devised a PR plan for an initial three-month campaign that would provide Leach with the desired exposure across both regional and industry-specific media – print, retail and heritage. After the initial trial, a monthly retainer relationship developed, which still continues.
Since working with Leach, services provided by Scriba to date include:
- Securing editorial opportunities within regional, print and retail media. We’ve been responsible for all research, copywriting, approvals, profile building opportunities and press releases.
- Developing relationships with these media to the extent that journalists look to Scriba for proactive suggestions for upcoming content and have attended Leach’s HQ for exclusive interviews.
- Supporting Leach in the build up to events, preparing pre-event press releases and sending invites to journalists who may attend.
- Entering Leach in the Examiner Business Awards 2016, where they were shortlisted in the HSBC International Business of the Year category.
- Maintaining fresh blog content for their website, to support Leach’s email marketing and SEO activity.
Commenting on the results, Michael adds:
We have seen progress month-on-month since we appointed Scriba PR. Their forward-thinking and friendly approach is exactly what we need – it feels like they are an extension of our team. Our vision is that in five years’ time, everybody will have heard of us. I believe with Scriba on board that is wholly possible. We trust Scriba implicitly with our PR strategy – they just get on with it!