Scriba launches physical car auction
Scriba came highly recommended to Matt Dale, by an old contact who suggested that he invest in PR to launch G3 Remarketing’s first physical car auction.
G3 had operated car auctions in the online sphere since 2009, but joint directors Matt Dale and Amanda Holtby spotted a gap in the market to create a truly independent auction with a high focus on customer and vendor experience. However, in order to ensure high attendance levels at this initial launch, G3 hired in PR experts Scriba.
This was no mean feat – Scriba had a total of just 15 days to formulate a comprehensive launch plan. These first two weeks were used to research the business and its industry, establish contacts within the trade media and co-ordinate the complementary work of third parties such as web developers and graphic designers.
In the next four weeks, Scriba:
- Prepared three versions of a launch press release, securing regional, business and motor trade coverage regarding the new physical auction. These publications included Fleet World, Fleet News, Motor Finance, Motor Trade, The Yorkshire Post, Yorkshire Times and The Business Desk, to name a few.
- Utilised current relationships to quickly gain coverage in regional profile opportunities such as the Yorkshire Post’s ‘My Investments’ and the Yorkshire Times’ regular business Q&A
- Undertook email marketing copywriting that was sent out to current and potential customers
- Investigated, negotiated and managed the production of adverts in regional newspapers e.g. Yorkshire Times and Rothwell Record
- Co-ordinated the design and content for a direct mail campaign aimed at existing clients and motor traders
- Drafted an internal letter to employees to announce the expansion and secure ‘buy in’
- Spearheaded social media communication via Twitter and Facebook to increase following, reach and engagement.
So, did all of these activities make the launch evening a success?
In short, yes. Here’s why:
- Vendors relished 97% conversion rates
- There were more than 250 attendees on ‘opening night’
- The average sale price was £3,300.
In fact, the launch was so successful that Matt extended Scriba’s contract beyond the initial agreed 3 months.
Today, Scriba continues to support G3 on their PR and marketing requirements and has recently helped to launch a second evening sale. Matt Dale is also becoming increasingly renowned as an industry spokesperson, having commented on a number of motor trade and business issues thanks to Scriba’s PR.
Scriba’s proactiveness and attention to detail have been second to none. I really value their ability to work to a strict plan and drive projects forwards.