Scriba demonstrates consumer PR expertise with 160 year old pet business
Scriba PR first came to the attention of Ben Burnhill, when the equestrian and pet supplies specialist was asked to provide case study information for another Scriba client.
As conversations unfolded, Ben, director of the 160 year old Cleckheaton-based business, began thinking. PR support could help cement his own business in the local community, and increase awareness of the brand to fuel further growth. Ben therefore engaged Scriba in a three month trial, bus hasn’t looked back since.
We quickly found that having Scriba to manage our day to day social media released a significant amount of our time. Their focused PR and marketing plans also ensured we made fantastic use of our time with them.
In addition to raising the company profile and attracting new customers, we have also helped maximise relationships with existing clients. Since commencing our relationship in November 2015, we have:
- Achieved numerous editorial opportunities across various publications, including Q&A’s, features and advice-led commentaries.
- Increased the number of Facebook followers by 60%, assumed majority responsibility for Burnhills’ social media accounts and introduced a whole new layer of conversation with customers and followers, thanks to advice-led posts and competitions, rather than merely product-led feeds.
- Secured a monthly column in the local paper, the Spenborough Guardian, which will allow Burnhills to provide help and advice to current and prospective customers.
- Recommended that Burnhills ‘give something back’ by supporting a local worthy cause – an activity which has attracted a vast amount of further coverage!
- Produced advice-led newsletters for existing customers, varied, engaging news content for a newly-created web page.
- Provided advice on how Burnhills can improve the look of their front entrance, to maximise the customer experience the moment someone sets foot in store.
Although we would be the first to say that Burnhills is slightly ‘out of the ordinary’ for us compared to the techy B2B clients we usually work with, the relationship is a productive and effective one. Ben agrees, and says:
Each member of the Scriba team is professional, fun, engaging and quick to get to grips with the various requirements our business has. They are able to turn their PR skills to whatever is thrown at them, whether it is a corporate news article or something more light-hearted like a Hedgehog photo shoot!